Sunday 28 July 2013

Picnic loaf

This is an idea I've always been a little sceptical about. Get a perfectly good loaf of bread, remove the middle, and fill it with something else. But - San Francisco does it with some pretty ace results (clam chowder in a sourdough bowl is proper lush) so I thought I'd give it a go...

Basically, I baked a round loaf (cob) and wrapped it in clingfilm and froze it last week (or buy one). Then , cur off the top, and filled it with roasted veg (courgettes from the garden, smug face), mozarella and pesto. Then squidged it together, wrapped it up nice and tightly, sat a big fat carton of OJ on top and fridged it overnight.

The next morning, this is what we had for our picnic...


Losh. Will repeat - maybe with something a bit more flavoursome than mozzarella - goats cheese or feta would be lovely I think.

JB x

No comments:

Post a Comment