Sunday 23 March 2014

Gluten free dairy free cake


It was my lovely friend Charlie's birthday this week, and I made a cake for her. As usual. However, a twist... Her dad can't eat gluten or dairy. Ah. Take my tools away from me and you get...



I was happy with the design, but the flavour and texture wasn't as good as a traditional sponge. I used this recipe ( http://www.icedgembakes.co.uk/gluten-free-and-dairy-free-baking-recipes/victoria-sponge-filled-with-jam-and-buttercream/) scaled up for a 10" round cake filled with cherry jam and almond "butter" icing and made the icing and the cake with Pure Soya dairy free marg.

I would definitely try to to do this recipe again, but maybe play with flours and stuff to try to get a better (less solid!) texture. Also I promise I will blog more now due to my new toy (iPad, I just like to get on the bandwagon about 2 years later than everyone else!)

JB x

No comments:

Post a Comment