Sunday 17 February 2013

Wedding cake

In September, I had the honour of making a wedding cake for my gorgeous friends, Mr and Mrs R. I've known Mr R for many a year and his lovely Mrs for a good few as well. Their wedding was beautifully styled with a classic theme of silvery purples and shimmery pearl and ivory.

The recipe I used was this one... I won't bore you retyping it all, safe to say it's a fantastic recipe. The alteration I made though was to use my Mum / Grandma's recipe for the fruit cake as it's simply the best cake recipe ever (I had four amazing tiers of it for my own wedding) and I have never met ANYONE who doesn't like it, even if they claim to dislike fruit cake. It's THAT good. one day I may post the recipe...

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4578/creating-your-wedding-cake

For reasons I don't get that appears not to be a link, but please go old school and copy and paste. From that page there are links to the actual recipes (see 'works well with' or something like that).

Anyway, my cake based partner in crime Mrs M came over to help me decorate. We put our creative heads together (she's far better at stuff like that than me) and came up with this little lot:








No comments:

Post a Comment