Tuesday 2 April 2013

Chocolate chip cheesecakes

What a beautiful alliterative name. These are so good they make my heart hurt. And my arteries. Ah well, sometimes you just have to combine as many cardiac disease causing agents as possible, and let me tell you this is the way to go...

Adapted from a recipe in the Metro I found reporting on a book called (imaginatively) "cheesecake". A quick google came up with this one which I am sure it was referring to:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cheesecake-Hannah-Miles/dp/1849753520

Anyway, here is the recipe in all it's beautiful glory...

Chocolate chip cheesecakes


 Ingredients:
    Base
    50g salted pretzels
    100g oreo cookies
    70g butter

    Topping
    250g ricotta cheese
    250g full fat soft cheese (I know, I know. Just this once)
    2 medium eggs from happy hens
    200g condensed milk (the food of the gods)
    seeds from a vanilla pod
    150g choccy chips or chunks, whichever you like (I used dark and white 50:50)
   




Method

  • Crush / bash the pretzels and Oreos until fine dust is formed. Dust which would be the soil of my dream garden.
  • Melt the butter and mix together to make soil with the cookie crumbs.
  • Press into the bottoms of a 12 hole muffin tin (greased and non-stick) - I used my Circulon one which is my second favourite kitchen item ever - it's totes amaze.
  • Set aside and make the filling by whisking the ricotta and soft cheese together with the condensed milk until schmooth. Then add the vanilla seeds and eggs and whisk again.
  • Add about 3/4 of the chocolate chips and stir through, then divide the mixture between the 12 bases - you'll probe have some left over (remember these will puff up a little while in the oven so don't fill it right the way to the brim). Put any leftover topping in a ramekin and bake alongside the cheesecakes so act as a chef's perk.
  • Bake at 170 degrees C for 20 mins or until very slightly browned and there is a slight wibble wobble in the middle of the cheesecakes.
  • Remove from the oven and sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on op while still nice and hot, so they meant a bit into the topping.
  • Cool in the tin and refrigerate for a good hour or two before popping out. Demolish. Feel the most satisfying food guilt ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment