Saturday 30 November 2013

Super simple sinful chocolate fudge :)

This is one of the best recipes I know. Chocolate fudgey goodness, infinitely easy, infinitely versatile, quick, impressive, delicious, calorific. All excellent qualities, I think you'll agree.

So I originally found the recipe in Nigella Express in the guise of chocolate and pistachio fudge, but I've tweaked a few things (how unlike me!) and now present to you.... one of the best recipes ever. I regularly make this for christmas pressies, 'thanks for having us for dinner' gifts, birthday gifts, or because there's an 'a' in the month. Or a 'j'...

I'm a bit sad about sharing this as now people will realise I'm not that clever or some sort of Willy Wonka genius (which I guarantee people will think after tasting this). My only advice is that it does get a tad on the squidgy side if it gets warm, and improves immeasurably if eaten straight from the freezer.

Makes quite a lot.

Ingredients:
380g chocolate - I prefer plain but have successfully made it with milk or white
1 tin (350-400g) condensed milk
a small knob of butter
approx 150g 'extras' - nuts, biscuit chunks, marshmallows, dried fruit, choc chunks etc etc etc...

Method:
Melt the chocolate, butter and condensed milk together gently over a low heat in a heavy bottom pan. Stir it all together and it will start to thicken - at this point fold in the extra bits, and plop it into a cling-film lined 20x30cm baking tin. Sprinkle more bits on top if you fancy. Edible glitter is always welcome and to be encouraged. When set, slice into chunks. Congratulate yourself on just how clever you are to melt some things together and create complete magic.

Below is my salted fudge chocolate fudge...


Nom, nom, and indeed nom.

JB x


No comments:

Post a Comment