Sunday 20 January 2013

Arctic gastronomy!

I thought I'd post a few pics from when Mr B and I went to Norway just before Christmas. We had an AMAZING meal in a restaurant called Emma's in Tromso - easily as good as some Michelin starred places we've eaten. And no, we're not knobby types who eat in Michelin starred places all the time (and say yaaaaaaaaaaar instead of yes and have a fondness for chinos and boat shoes) but we do love a good posh feed when we've saved up some pennies and calories for a while.

So here goes... again, apologies for iPhone photos. Couldn;t bring myself to bring out the actual camera in a restaurant. I'm not quite that shameless yet (but give me time... I'm still new to this blogging stuff!!)

Amuse bouche - reindeer, salmon and almonds. And lordy, was my bouche amused.


Starter - salmon very lightly poached with parsley, malt crisps and the most in-cre-dib-le celeriac mayonnaise. Never thought I'd type that sentence...




Cured reindeer with baby beets, mushroom mayonnaise, picked mushrooms and beetroot meringue. As you do (sorry Rudolph)

Cloudberry sorbet. Made my teeth go weird in a purple, red wine kind of a way. Annoyingly this happens a lot to me. 




Cod, barbecue pork belly, pearl barley risotto and fennel. Gert ruddy lush.


Duck. Spud. Apple. Cloudberry. 'Nuff said.



Oh. My. Days. This is probably the best thing I have EVER tasted, hence two photos. Chocolate five ways (yup, I know) and blood orange sorbet with vanilla scented orange segments. Just all kinds of amazing in one pudding. I'd be willing to fly there again just for one night of heaven with this plate of food...


So there it is. Mr/s Michelin inspector - get your foodie bottoms up to Tromso and award this restaurant what it deserves!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment